Segment 2 is designed to prepare teens (under the age of 18) to acquire their Michigan Level 2 Driver License.
Minimum Course Content
- To enroll in Segment 2, a minimum of 3 continuous months must have passed since you obtained your Level 1 License from the Secretary of State Office.
- The Department of Education requires that you complete at least 30 hours of supervised driving, including 2 at night, with a licensed parent/guardian or designated adult age 21 or older.
- Minimum of 6 hours of classroom instruction
- You may not drive to or from the Segment 2 course without a licensed parent/guardian or designated adult age 21 or older in the front seat.
- Complete Stop Driver Training offers the following with each Segment 2 program:
- Minimum of 6 hours of classroom instruction (see class schedule).
- Students receive a copy of Road Skills Test Study Guide.
- Please bring a pen or pencil, your Level 1 Driver License, and your Supervised Driving Log.
- To receive your Segment 2 Certificate of Completion, the following requirements must be completed:
- Student must attend all 3 class sessions in order. (Class 2 cannot be taken before class 1, etc.).
- Student must participate in all 3 class sessions.
- Upon successful completion of Segment 2:
- Student will be issued a white, driver education Segment 2 Certificate of Completion.
- The student and parent/guardian must do the following to apply for the Level 2 License:
- Make an appointment for the Road Test
- Bring your Level 1 Driver License
- Bring your Segment 2 Certificate of Completion
- Bring your Supervised Driving Log
- Payment Plan-Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover are accepted. A $35.00 fee will be charged for returned checks. Duplicate permits are $17.00.
- Refund Policy-Full refund is given for cancellation of enrollment, if notice is received at least 48 hours in advance of first class. No refund is given for missed classes, although students may re-enroll in upcoming Segment 2 classes offered by Complete Stop Driver Training.
Back to Top