Adult Driving Instruction
Adult Driving Instruction is designed to
prepare adults (age 18 or older) to acquire their Michigan Driver License.
Complete Stop Driver
Training offers instruction in 1 hour blocks. During each hour, driving
instruction is tailored to the student's individual needs and requests.
- To receive Adult Instruction, the student MUST
possess a Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP), which is obtained at any
Secretary of State branch office.
- A TIP allows you to practice driving with a licensed
adult for up to 180 days. A TIP is issued if you are age 18 or older and:
- Have never been licensed.
- Hold an expired out-of-country
- If you are age 18 or older, before you can get a Michigan driver
license you must:
- Present proof of identity.
- Pass a vision test and meet
health standards set by the Secretary of State's office.
- Pass a knowledge test.
- Pay the appropriate license
- Complete a minimum of 30 days
of practice driving on a TIP.
- Pass a road skills test. The
road skills test will be administered by an independent testing agency
approved by the Secretary of State. A person with a valid out-of-state
license may have this requirement waived.
- Complete Stop Driver Training offers the following for
each Adult student:
- Students receive a copy of What
Every Driver Must Know.
- Students receive a copy of Road
Skills Test Study Guide.
- Student pick up and drop off
may be scheduled at convenient locations.
- Payment Plan-Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover are
accepted. Payment in full is due prior to scheduling of behind-the-wheel
instruction. A $35.00 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- Refund Policy-Full refund is given for lessons that are
cancelled 48 hours in advance. There is no refund for failed appointments.
Back to Top